Date(s) - 14/03/2020 - 15/03/2020
Start time - All Day
Location - Newbridge Carpark, Devon
Successful performance at this level indicates that a candidate has the skill level required to lead a group of 4 paddlers (not including themselves) in appropriate locations, up to moderate white water conditions and to judge the conditions and the standard of the group and make appropriate decisions along with the need to modify plans as required.
The British Canoeing White Water Kayak Leader Award is a leadership award and not a coaching award.
Our assessment philosophy is to make you feel comfortable and relaxed so you can perform to your best. We take a holistic approach to assessment. Along with a fair assessment you will always come away having also learned something new.
- National Association British Canoeing White Water Kayak Leadership Registration (LR);
- A valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing recognised 2 day first aid award;
- Previous experience: provide evidence of white water paddling in 4 different regions. This experience must include:
- time spent with a variety of groups in a variety of conditions, conditions will include low to high water and rivers that are different in nature, including small narrow rivers through to rivers with a wider more open feel to them;
- 12 grade 3 river trips as a member of a group;
- 12 grade 2(3) river trips as an assistant leader.
- Valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing White Water Kayak Leader Training.
- British Canoeing White Water Safety and Rescue (WWSR) Training Course.
- Candidates must be aged 16 or over at the time of assessment. Candidates under the age of 18 can take the award, but cannot be deemed responsible for leadership by law until they turn 18.
Ratios: 1:4 Maximum. You will be seen by a different assessor each day.
British Canoeing Information
Bookings are closed for this event.